Adolescent Drug Use, Prevention, and Treatment
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Peele, S. (1986), The "cure" for adolescent drug abuse: Worse than the problem? Journal of Counseling and Development, 65, 23-24.
- Peele, S. (1987), Running scared: We're too frightened to deal with the real issues in adolescent substance abuse. Health Education Research, 2, 423-432.
- Peele, S. & Brodsky, A. (1998), Gateway to nowhere: How alcohol came to be scapegoated for drug abuse. Addiction Research, 5, 419-426.
- Peele, S. (2006), Reducing harms from youth drinking. Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education, Vol. 50(4), pp. 67-87.
- Peele, S. (2007), Editorial, The bizarre effort to eliminate underage drinking in the U.S.:
A harm reduction approach to youthful drinking. Addiction Research & Theory, 15: 227-229.
- Peele, S. (2007), The problem is addiction, not drugs. In: Addiction-Proof Your Child. New York: Three Rivers Press. pp. 11-25.
- Peele, S. (1996, March 1), Tell children the truth about drinking. Los Angeles Times.
- Peele, S. (2007, August 31), A toast to the family. Wall Street Journal, p. A9.
- Peele, S. (2007, November 11), Letter in response to Times Editorial: “Childhood for Dummies” (Nov. 4, 2007). New York Times.
- Peele, S. (2007, December 31), Drug use and the candidates: Messrs. Bush and Clinton are likely only the tip of the iceberg. Wall Street Journal, p. A13.