- Peele, S., with Brodsky, A. (1975), Love and addiction. New York: Taplinger.
- Peele, S. (1985), The meaning of addiction: Compulsive experience and its interpretation. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books.
- Peele, S. (1989, 1995), Diseasing of America: How we allowed recovery zealots and the treatment industry to convince us we are out of control. Lexington, MA/San Francisco: Lexington Books/Jossey-Bass.
- Peele, S. & Archie Brodsky with Mary Arnold (1992), The Truth About Addiction and Recovery. N.Y.: Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- Peele, S. (2007), The problem is addiction, not drugs. In: Addiction-Proof Your Child. New York: Three Rivers Press. pp. 11-25.