The Benefits of Alcohol
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Peele, S. (1993), The conflict between public health goals and the temperance mentality. American Journal of Public Health, 83, 805-810.
- Peele, S. & A. Brodsky (1996), The antidote to alcohol abuse: Sensible drinking messages. In Wine in Context: Nutrition, Physiology, Policy, Davis, CA: American Society for Enology and Viticulture, pp. 66-70.
- Peele, S. (1999), Introduction. In S. Peele & M. Grant (Eds.), Alcohol and pleasure: A health perspective, Philadelphia, PA: Brunner/Mazel, pp. 1-7.
- Peele, S. (1999), Promoting positive drinking: Alcohol, necessary evil or positive good? In: S. Peele & M. Grant (Eds.), Alcohol and pleasure: A health perspective, Philadelphia: Brunner/Mazel, pp. 375-389.
- Peele, S., & A. Brodsky (2000), Exploring psychological benefits associated with moderate alcohol use: A necessary corrective to assessments of drinking outcomes? Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 60, 221-247.
- Peele, S. (1998, July), Alcoholism and the elderly The new epidemic? The Star Ledger (Newark), July 29, p. A19.
- Peele, S. (2010), Alcohol — the good side. Los Angeles Times, July 21, 2010, A17.
- Peele, S. (2011), A Toast to Your Health. Warning: Alcohol may increase your life expectancy and reduce dementia. Wall Street Journal, February 2, 2011.
Letters to the Editor